It's been a jaw-dropping week for me. I decided at the last minute to whip up some tote bags with some totally silly fabric I had, and I put my name on the list for the massive Bloggy Giveaway Carnival.
I thought it would be thrilling if I got a lot of responses. By "a lot," I was thinking 40. That would be a lot.
I was, in a word, unprepared for the response I got.
But what I really was unprepared for was this; the random number generator picked a blogger I not only know, she's a blogger I visited today. I nearly fell out of my chair when it picked the winner.
Ladies and gentlemen, meet Colorado Lady! I will be shipping off her tote bags but first let me tell you why you should go visit her fabulous site:
- She has the cutest dachshunds. Seriously. And I'm not a dog person.
- She has an idyllic cabin that looks like the setting of a good bodice-ripper novel (not that I would ever read any of that stuff much).
- If you watch her slideshow, you'll see some really cute guy in a cowboy hat. He might also make you think of a bodice-ripper novel, but I have the suspicion he belongs to said Colorado lady. Doesn't hurt to look though.
- She loves vintage things. The Christmas items she posted Thursday will make your head explode with memories.
- She's got a great recipe for Margarita punch. Because life's better when you have about a gallon of the stuff at a party.